Awesome Colored Concrete for Homes and Business Spaces in Minneapolis, MN
When you think of concrete, the first image that comes to mind is this plain gray surface. There are people who love how raw and rough it looks but not everyone is a big fan. While it is such a versatile product that can be topped off with high-end paving and flooring materials, not everyone has the luxury to do so. One great way to maintain the existing slab but acquire a new look and better performance is through colored concrete.
Versatility is one of concrete’s best qualities. There are more color options than just gray. Coloring slabs not only enhances the look of slabs but also help cover up or disguise unwanted stains and discoloration. Color allows you to turn any space into a more preferred look that satisfies your desires or complements the current theme of your home or establishment.
The Perks of Coloring Concrete
Residential and commercial customers prefer to color concrete than install additional materials. Here are the top reasons why they do so:
- Numerous Color Options – The wide selection of colors is enough to make this a fun and exciting remodeling project. Some coloring agents offer hues that range from earth tones to pastels perfect for decorative concrete stamping.
- Enhances Nature Replication – Some concrete surfaces can be made to look like wood or stone. The best way to make it realistic is through manual coloring. With the right colors, slabs can replicate flagstone, travertine, and other natural stone.
- Fixes Aesthetic Issues – As mentioned earlier, adding color to slabs can cover up ugly stains, like wine and chemical stains, and the natural discoloration of concrete.
- Inexpensive Costs – Colored slabs require minimal materials and installation time, keeping the costs on the low end.
Colored Concrete Options
- Stained Concrete – Stains come in two types: acid and water-based. Acid stain concrete yields unique effects and hues, thanks to the chemical reactions that happen between the stain’s metallic salts and the slab’s natural lime and mineral content. Water-based stains are non-reactive, making it an ideal choice for customization of decorative concrete floors.
- Integral Color – From the name itself, this coloring agent is integrated into the concrete mix prior to slab installation. Although this produces subtle colors, it is long-lasting and fade-resistant.
- Dry-Shake – This coloring agent is broadcasted on newly installed slabs or newly resurfaced slabs. The powder is thrown evenly on the surface giving the slab its color as it dries and cures. The downside to this is that the color does not last as long because it is concentrated on the surface.
- Dye – This is similar to stains because it comes in two types, too. However, although one is solvent-based and the other is water-based, both dried to a translucent color.
Want to know more about colored concrete? Call (612) 268-6687 for a free consultation.
If you find plain surfaces to be uninteresting, make it more exciting with color. Minneapolis Concrete Artisans is a local decorative concrete company that specializes in various resurfacing, refinishing, and repairing solutions like colored concrete. Our team is highly trained to apply color and making them last longer.
Let’s talk about the different coloring agents available today and which one is most suitable for you. Call us for a free consultation and quote.