Every homeowner wants nothing more than to have best in their homes, especially when it comes to floors. This is why many invest an exorbitant amount of money acquiring high-end materials and paying a high cost just to get them installed. This is no longer necessary to acquire luxurious and comfortable residential floors. Decorative concrete offers top quality solutions at a fraction of the cost of high-end flooring materials like carpets, wood, tile, and stone.
Top Residential Concrete Spaces for Resurfacing and Refinishing
Concrete has always been the preferred material for almost anything. Although popular as a base material, it is rare to find homes with plain concrete floors. Decorative concrete overlays and coatings make it possible for concrete surfaces to be more appealing, functional, durable, and easier to clean and maintain. All those benefits at a cost that won’t break the bank.
Here is a guide to the recommended coating or overlay for each concrete space in and around a home:
- Walkways and Front Entryways – Often located at the front of the property, these concrete surfaces help enhance curb appeal so it must be in a state that it does exactly that. A stamped overlay or a spray knockdown finish is ideal for use on outdoor surfaces. Both are slip-resistant, attractive to look at, and resistant to outdoor weather.
- Driveways – A concrete driveway is common among residential properties but, given the chance, homeowners would rather have something more decorative. A stamped overlay offers a wide range of patterns to choose from: brick, stone, and more. A spray knockdown finish enhances grip and traction, making the driveway safer to drive on.
- Patios – Popular options for patios are stamped overlays, spray texture, and concrete stains. All of these enhance the aesthetics of the patio, making it more functional, and requires minimal cleaning and maintenance.
- Pool Decks – Pool decks need to be slip-resistant and cool to the feet. A spray knockdown finish is popular for both those features. The spray system creates a texture that is non-skid but still comfortable under bare feet. It also has a high level of reflectivity, reflecting heat back instead of absorbing it.
- Interior Floors – Floors in living rooms, kitchens, bedrooms, and hallways could be made more luxurious with stained concrete. Acid stains create random effects and color tones, whereas, water-based stains add a uniform color all throughout the concrete surface.
- Garage Flooring – Garage floors go through so much so it must be tough and durable enough to resist damaging elements. Epoxy and Polyurea Polyaspartic are two highly recommended coatings for garage flooring. Both are resistant to impact, abrasion, chemical spills, and more. Plus, it maintains a sleek and sophisticated look even after years of usage.
Take Residential Floors to a Whole New Level. Call (612) 268-6687 for Decorative Concrete Options.
From the planning stage all the way to finishing, Minneapolis Concrete Artisans is your partner in transforming every concrete space in and around your home into something much better. Our company has been in this business for more than 20 years. Our team specializes in resurfacing, refinishing, and repairing concrete surfaces at an inexpensive cost.
Looking to install residential epoxy flooring? Don’t just call anyone who claims to have the skill and experience to revamp the concrete surfaces in your home. We are the experts in decorative concrete and we have a list of successful projects to prove that to you. Call now for a free consultation and quote.